Our public guided tours introduce how the historical, architectural, cultural and social significance of the Grade 2 historic building Mei Ho House is conserved and passed down through the Revitalising Historic Buildings Through Partnership Scheme (Revitalisation Scheme). Visitors will learn about the history of Hong Kong’s public housing development, the way of life and interesting stories of early resettlement block residents, and the architectural features of Mei Ho House. Our docents will also explain the role of the Hong Kong Youth Hostels Association in the Revitalisation Scheme and how the project has managed to balance conservation and adaptative redevelopment.
DETAILS OF TOUR
Cantonese Tour: 3pm to 4pm of every Tuesday to Sunday and Public Holidays
English Tour: 11am to 12nn of alternate Sundays ( 4 Feb, 25 Feb)
Mandarin Tour: 11am to 12nn of alternate Sundays (28 Jan, 18 Feb)
Approximately 60 minutes
Free in charge
From 1st April 2023, No advance booking is required. Please register at the main entrance of the HMHH 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Entrance of HMHH → Exhibition on G/F of HMHH → Exhibition on 1/F of HMHH → Youth Hostel Room (if available) → Hostel Facilities in the Back Courtyard
Inclement Weather Arrangements：
If a Tropical Cyclone Warning No. 8 or above or a Black Rainstorm Warning is in force three hours before the start of the service, the public guided tour will be cancelled without prior notice. Please click here for the details.
Email：[email protected] ｜ Tel：（852）3728 3544
Terms and Conditions：
1. No advance booking is required. Please register at the main entrance of the HMHH 15 minutes before the tour begins.
2. Quota of 15 on a first-come-first-served basis.
3. Parking lots are NOT available at YHA Mei Ho House Youth Hostel.
4. To ensure an enjoyable visit and to maintain order in the museum, all visitors please read our Visitor Guidelines.
5. Visitors shall take care of their own belongings and safety. HMHH bears no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of personal belongings or any accident happened on its premises.
6. HMHH reserves the final decision on the above-mentioned reservations and tour arrangements.