Personal Data Collection and Use
Like many other websites, HKYHA record your visit automatically through cookies, which are some small data structures sent to your computer to record your visit to our website and to identify you during your future visits. These cookies may be saved permanently in your computer but they are usually harmless. You may disable these cookies but this may affect your browsing of our website. The types of data collected by us include the browser type and version, the operating system, the IP address and the domain name of the server. This information collected from you will only be used to compile general statistics in relation to the number of visitors to our website and also the usage of our website. No personal data will be collected unless you explicitly provide that information to us.
However, personal data may be collected from you on a voluntary basis for some particular purposes or services. The personal data which collecting may include your name, telephone numbers, HKID card numbers, address, nationality, date of birth, email address, fax numbers, credit card numbers, name of bank, expiry date and we may collect the visual material(s) if you participate our activities – including any images, video, text, event photos, graphics or audio etc, We may use and retain the personal data provided by you for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- Processing of your member application, and provisioning of the services;
- Subject to your consent, we may use your personal data for marketing the categories of goods and/or services relating to HKYHA, our affiliated companies and business partners (including YHA Mei Ho House Youth Hostel, Jockey Club Mt. Davis Youth Hostel, Bradbury Jockey Club Youth Hostel, YHA Ngong Ping SG Davis Youth Hostel, Pak Sha O Youth Hostel, Chek Keng Bradbury Hall, Sze Lok Yuen Hostel, Heritage of Mei Ho House, Ngong Ping Charity Walk). We may dispatch to you the promotional information via direct marketing telephone calls, e-mail, sms, facsimile, direct mailings etc.
- Processing of any benefits for you arising out of the services;
- Processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
- Facilitating the daily operation of your account, provisioning of customer services and/or the collection of overdue amounts in your account in relation to the services;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, and customize the website, event and offers according to your interests;
- We may use visual material(s) in our activities – including any images, video, text, event photos, poster, graphics or audio – for the purpose of promoting HKYHA; and
- Your data will be also used to facilitate our communication with you, conduct research / analysis / statistics compilation, user feedback or providing the data to third parties for contact.
Refusal to supply personal data may result in HKYHA being unable process your request.
Where personal data is provided by you, HKYHA may occasionally send you some promotional materials regarding our products. If you do not wish to receive further promotional materials from us, please e-mail to us at email@example.com or write to us at Shop 118, 1/F Fu Cheong Shopping Centres, Sham Mong Road, Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Security of Personal Data
HKYHA do take the security of your privacy seriously. Our general policy is not to disclose any personal data to any third parties except as required by law or with your prior consent. All personal data you provided us are secured on our website with restricted access by authorized personnel only.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
Our general policy is to keep all personal data confidential except as permitted or required by law.
The personal data provided will be used for the specified purposes stated by us when collecting such data including without limitation processing of enrolment application, statistical purposes and other related matters. We may provide these personal data to persons authorised to process the information for purposes relating to those specified purposes only.
We do not share any personal data about you with other companies or organizations without your prior consent. However, information may be disclosed incidental to or in the course of our operation to the following parties:
1. any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor, or service provider who provide services and advice to us in connection with our operation
2. the technicians who help to design and set up our website
3. the person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong
English Version and Chinese Translation