To preserve the invaluable artifacts of the Heritage of Mei Ho House (HMHH), and to ensure an enjoyable visit for all visitors, please be aware to observe the following guidelines:
- For safety reasons, visitors should not run, sit or play in HMHH.
- Please do not make excessive noise, use loudspeakers and avoid using mobile phones in HMHH. Please help maintain a quiet and pleasant environment.
- Please do not write on, soil or damage any exhibit, installation, wall or facilities of HMHH. HMHH reserves the right to claim compensation for damages done any artefact or facilities.
- To keep a clean and safe place, please do not eat, drink, smoke or kindle any fire in HMHH.
- Visitors should not use flash photography or tripods when taking photographs inside HMHH. All sorts of video recording, including personal and commercial, are prohibited unless prior permission has been obtained from HMHH. HMHH reserves the right to ask the person concerned to leave immediately and to take legal action for any unauthorised photographing.
- No pets are allowed (except guide dogs).
- Visitors with disabilities or mobility difficulties can contact the Security Office or call (852) 3728 3544; or contact HMHH staff in advance of their visit to make appropriate arrangements.
- Groups with 16 visitors or above are required to make reservations. Parking lots are not available at YHA Mei Ho House Youth Hostel. Coaches (24 seats or less) are allowed to pick up or drop off visitors at the hostel main entrance.
- Cloakrooms are not available in HMHH. Please do not bring valuables or baggage or large objects such as baby strollers, trolleys, skateboards, etc.
- Visitors should take care of their own belongings and safety. HMHH bears no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of personal belongings, or any accident happened on its premises.
- Visitors should show others respect. Those who cause nuisance to other visitors may be warned or asked to leave HMHH.
- YHA Mei Ho House Youth Hostel reserves the right to decisions on the final interpretation of the terms and regulations.
Thank you for your co-operation!
Inclement Weather Arrangements
Arrangement for Heritage of Mei Ho House (HMHH)
Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above
- If Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is announced to be issued in 2 hours, HMHH will be closed.
- If Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 is lowered before 2pm, HMHH will reopen after 2 hours.
- If Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is still in force at 2pm, HMHH will remain closed that day.
Black Rainstorm Warning
- If Black Rainstorm Warning is in force during the opening hours, HMHH will remain open. Visitors are recommended to stay in safe place until the warning is lowered.
- If Black Rainstorm Warning is issued before 10am, HMHH will be closed until the warning is lowered. It will reopen after 2 hours.
- If Black Rainstorm Warning is still in force at 2pm, HMHH will be closed that day.
Arrangement for Services
If Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning is in force three hours before the start of the services, public guided tours, group visits and group guided tours will be cancelled without prior notice.
For specific groups, such as kindergartens, primary schools or elderly centres which may require special arrangements, please contact HMHH staff on (852) 3728 3544.