To preserve the invaluable artifacts of the Heritage of Mei Ho House (HMHH), and to ensure an enjoyable visit for all visitors, please be aware to observe the following guidelines:
- For safety reasons, visitors should not run, sit or play in HMHH.
- Please do not make excessive noise, use loudspeakers and avoid using mobile phones in HMHH. Please help maintain a quiet and pleasant environment.
- Please do not write on, soil or damage any exhibit, installation, wall or facilities of HMHH. HMHH reserves the right to claim compensation for damages done any artefact or facilities.
- To keep a clean and safe place, please do not eat, drink, smoke or kindle any fire in HMHH.
- Visitors should not use flash photography or tripods when taking photographs inside HMHH. All sorts of video recording, including personal and commercial, are prohibited unless prior permission has been obtained from HMHH. HMHH reserves the right to ask the person concerned to leave immediately and to take legal action for any unauthorised photographing.
- No pets are allowed (except guide dogs).
- Visitors with disabilities or mobility difficulties can contact the Security Office or call (852) 3728 3544; or contact HMHH staff in advance of their visit to make appropriate arrangements.
- Groups with 16 visitors or above are required to make reservations. Parking lots are not available at YHA Mei Ho House Youth Hostel. Coaches (24 seats or less) are allowed to pick up or drop off visitors at the hostel main entrance.
- Cloakrooms are not available in HMHH. Please do not bring valuables or baggage or large objects such as baby strollers, trolleys, skateboards, etc.
- Visitors should take care of their own belongings and safety. HMHH bears no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of personal belongings, or any accident happened on its premises.
- Visitors should show others respect. Those who cause nuisance to other visitors may be warned or asked to leave HMHH.
- YHA Mei Ho House Youth Hostel reserves the right to decisions on the final interpretation of the terms and regulations.
Thank you for your co-operation!
Inclement Weather Arrangements
Tropical cyclone warning signal No. 8 or above
If the Hong Kong Observatory will hoist typhoon cyclone warning No.8 or above two hours later, Heritage of Mei Ho House (HMHH) will be closed, and it will be open 2 hours after the signal is lowered. If the opening time is less than 2 hours before the normal closing time, it will remain closed.
Black rainstorm warning signal
If the warning is issued during HMHH’s normal opening hours, HMHH will remain open. If the warning is issued before opening hours, HMHH will be closed until the warning is cancelled. HMHH will be open 2 hours after the signal is lowered. If the opening time is less than 2 hours before the normal closing time, it will remain closed.