1. Limited quota, first-come first-served.
2. Registration period starts from now till 8 days before each event date.
3. Participant must settle the payment at registration and keep the confirmation letter/receipt until end of event. Except for special situations listed on “Terms & Conditions”, no alteration, cancellation or transfer quota shall be entertained, and all paid fee is not refundable.
4. The fee for 6-Person Private Kayaking Package allows maximum 6 persons to participate in the activity once and stay in a Private Dormitory Room for 1-night on event date.
5. Participants must booking through the corresponding registration page of YHA official website. No alteration, cancellation or transfer quota shall be entertained after confirmation, and all paid fee is not refundable.
6. The fee includes 1-night accommodation of designated room type in YHA Bradbury Hall Chek Keng Youth Hostel, 1 year Individual Membership x 2, coaching fee of 1 coach and the kayak equipment rental, life jacket rental & insurance for designated number of participants. All participants must provide full names in Chinese or English (same as that on Hong Kong Identity Card/Passport) for purchasing insurance.
7. Participants can arrive hostel after 12:30pm for kayaking and check-in after the activity on the event date.
8. Participants must be aged 6 or above. Participants aged between 6 and 7 must join the activity under the guidance of an adult aged 18 or above. Hong Kong Youth Hostels Association (HKYHA) and the coach have the right to ask for age proof.
9. Participants must wear shoes that cover the whole feet and ankles (slippers and sandals without ankle protection function are prohibited), and floating jackets provided by the coach during the activity.
10. This activity will be held within designated area in the sea, participants must follow the instruction of the coach to prevent injury. HKYHA and the coach have no responsibility and liability for any physical discomfort or injury.
11. All participants or their parents/guardians should ensure their health in good condition and do not suffer from any illness that renders them unfit for this activity. HKYHA and the coach shall not be liable for any injury or death happening in this activity.
12. Before the event date, the coach will contact participants and share more information of the activity.
13. On the event date, participants or their parents/guardians must read and sign the Health Declaration. For those who do not complete the Declaration, they will not be allowed to participate in the activity, all paid fee will not be refunded.
14. Participants must report to the coach immediately for any loss or damage of equipment. HKYHA and the coach reserve the right to make a claim from participants who damage or lose the equipment due to inappropriate use. The compensation is as follows:
• Kayak: HK$7,000 each
• Paddle: HK$1,000 each
• Life Jacket: HK$500 each
15. HKYHA has the right to amend the details of activities without prior notice.
16. HKYHA may conduct video and photo shooting during the activity. HKYHA reserves the right to use all the visual material(s) for any promotion of HKYHA.
17. Adverse weather arrangement:
If Hong Kong Observatory announces that Thunderstorm Warning, Amber Rainstorm Warning Signal or Standby Signal No.1 is issued or will be issued, or the weather condition is unstable before event starts, the activity will be held as scheduled unless the participants receive other updates from HKYHA or the coach. If HKYHA or the coach decides to cancel the activity, participants are still required to check in. However, participants can contact Reservation and Customer Service Center (RCSC) of HKYHA (+852 2788 1638) within 7 days from event date to reschedule the activity.
• If Hong Kong Observatory announces that Red/Black Rainstorm Warning Signal, Strong Wind Signal No.3 or higher Storm Signal is issued or will be issued at 9am on event date, activity will be cancelled. Participants can contact RCSC of HKYHA (+852 2788 1638) within 7 days from event date to reschedule the activity. Room reservation can be changed once only, details please refer to Terms and Conditions for Room Reservation.
• If Warning or Signal mentioned above is cancelled by Hong Kong Observatory at 9am, the activity will be held as scheduled unless the participants receive other updates from HKYHA or the coach.
• The coach has the right to stop the activity immediately if the weather becomes unstable during the activity, all paid fee will not be refunded.
18. Please refer to Terms and Conditions for Room Reservation for details about the adverse weather arrangement of hostel reservation.
19. If participants and their parents/guardians register this activity, it is assumed that they have already read and studied the Terms and Conditions of Sunset Kayaking Experience, and they will be followed.
20. HKYHA and the coach have the right to reject or stop anyone from participating in this activity if he/she fails to follow the Terms and Conditions of Sunset Kayaking Experience or instruction of the coach.
21. HKYHA has the sole and final decision in case of any disputes.