HAPPY MID-AUTUMN FESTIVAL
ENJOYING THE MOON WITH FREE SWEET GLUTINOUS RICE BALLS
Sweet glutinous rice balls or “Tong Yuen” is a popular homemade dessert eaten in the Mid-Autumn Festival in Hong Kong. Made from glutinous rice flour mixed with a small amount of water to form balls, “Tong Yuen” can be either in any sizes, filled with sweet fillings or unfilled. Its round shape and the bowls where they are served symbolize the unity and togetherness of a family.
As the Mid-Autumn Festival is coming, HKYHA would like to celebrate with you this one of the most important festivals of the year. Enjoy a FREE pack of sweet glutinous rice balls (Tong Yuen) while staying in our suburban hostels in 1-15 October! With the full moon up in the sky and warm delicious sweet “Tong Yuen” in hands, you can share the beauty of the moon and the tranquility of nature with your family and friends.
Stop wondering and start wandering! Tuck away from the hubbub of the city!
Soak up the moonlight with the unrivalled views of Victoria Harbour and Tsing Ma Bridge at the 270-degree sea view observation deck. You can also play a round of board games at the Common Room, or go for a historic walk to visit the WWII Mount Davis Battery relics near the hostel in the next morning.
Adjacent to Plover Cove Reservoir, the hostel spares you the effort to reach the main dam to enjoy the beauty of the moon. Hold a barbecue dinner party at the public barbecue site nearby might also be a good reunion for family and friends!
Away from the bustling city, this hostel is the best pick for stargazing and full moon admiring. You may stay in our hassle-free camping 1.0 or 2.0 to further immerse yourself in nature when lying in the tent enjoying the full moon in the sky. If you are up for the challenge, screw up your courage to conquer the 934-metre Lantau Peak for the unbeatable sunrise at hilltop in the next morning!
The hostel is located within the Sai Kung Country Park. Walk down Hoi Ha Road for about 20 minutes to Hoi Ha Wan Marine Park and enjoy the moon at the beach with crystal clear waters. You may also choose to enjoy the warm delicious sweet “Tong Yuen” in the hostel when sitting in the vast meadow.
21 September – 15 October 2017
1-15 October 2017
Book a room/bed/tent NOW!
Make an online reservation or email to email@example.com. (Enquiry: 852 3728 3500)
Terms and Conditions:
- This offer is applicable to the booking period of from 21 September till 15 October 2017 and the staying period of 1 – 15 October 2017.
- Each booking is entitled to one free pack of sweet glutinous rice balls. Limited quota. Offer is subject to availability.
- This event is only applicable to Jockey Club Mt. Davis Youth Hostel, Bradbury Jockey Club Youth Hostel, YHA Ngong Ping SG Davis Youth Hostel and Pak Sha O Youth Hostel.
- All guests staying at Hong Kong Youth Hostels Association (HKYHA) hostels must be members of Hostelling International (HI) or HKYHA. Each member can bring a maximum of three non-members to enjoy the offer. Guests can apply for YHA membership on site.
- Booking must be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through HKYHA website.
- All bookings must be confirmed with payments settled at least 3 days prior to the check-in date.
- Group booking is not applicable to this offer.
- Except for cases of adverse weather conditions stated in “Notes and Guidelines for Booking”, no alteration shall be entertained.
- HKYHA has the sole and final decision in case of disputes.