YHA MEI HO HOUSE YOUTH HOSTEL RESERVATION AND PUBLIC FACILITIES REOPEN ARRANGEMENT (UPDATED ON 25 MAY 2020)
YHA Mei Ho House Youth Hostel Reservation and Public Facilities Reopen Arrangement (Updated on 25 May 2020)
After reviewing the latest situation, YHA Mei Ho House Youth Hostel will continue to accept reservation with check in date on or after 8 Jun 2020. However, in response to the new requirements to reduce gatherings that announced by the Government and ensure the good health of all guests, we will accept booking of private rooms only, and the number of staying guests should not be more than 8 persons. Besides, hostel will not accept the staying of any guests who are undergoing quarantine or wearing the “quarantine electronic wristbands”.
Furthermore, special measures have been applied in the hostel to provide a clean and safe living environment, which include:
- All guests are required to check their body temperature and wear masks before entering the hostel area and complete health declaration form.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Public areas are cleaned and disinfected every two hours with disinfectant, including handrails and elevator buttons.
- Touch free buttons are upgraded in main access to minimize direct contact with bacteria.
- Air purification will be conducted in all rooms before guests check in.
- All rooms will be cleaned with Ecolab professional disinfectant cleaner.
- Hostel will make corresponding arrangements if guests have special requests on room cleaning.
- All staff wear masks, check body temperature and wash hands regularly.
Besides, guests will receive a travel size spray hand sanitizer (one bottle per room) upon check-in, limited while stock lasts.
Meanwhile, the public facilities of YHA Mei Ho House Youth Hostel, including Heritage of Mei Ho House, Back Courtyard, Washrooms, etc (except Garden 41), will be reopened from 8 Jun onwards. The reopen date of Mei Ho Café and Mei Ho Store will be notified later.
Besides, special opening hours will be applied to the Heritage of Mei Ho House as following until further notice:
Tue to Sat: 12pm-2pm & 3pm-5pm
Mon, Sun & Public Holidays: Closed
Public Guided Tour including Cantonese, English and Mandarin, group visit, exclusive private group tour will continue to be suspended. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Hong Kong Youth Hostels Association
25 May 2020