(Tai Mei Tuk) Bradbury Jockey Club Youth Hostel
This youth hostel is located adjacent to Plover Cove Reservoir at Tai Mei Tuk in the Tai Po district of the New Territories. It is an ever popular venue for outdoor activities and water sports. Hostellers and friendscan rent bicycles locally and cycle along the magnificent main dam of the reservoir, or along the water’s edge to Brides Pool in one direction or along a dedicated cycle track to Tai Po or Shatin in the other. Local hiking trails abound and spectacular views can be obtained from the main ridge of the nearby Pat Sin Leng range. Snooker hiring service has been introduced at the hostel recently.
|Address：||66, Tai Mei Tuk Road, Tai Mei Tuk, Tai Po, N.T.|
|Tel：||(852) 2662 5123|
Monday to Sunday & Public Holiday：15:00 - 23:00
Advance reservation is highly recommended. Please contact the hostel direct for check-in within 3 days.
1. All Government Recognized Eligible Outside Bodies (GREOB) may have their bookings made within 15 months on a first-come first-served basis, 12 months prior to other organizations' bookings. They also also eligible to apply for group membership for free.
2. GREOB included:
Click here to download Group Reservation Form.
No. of accommodations
|Twin rooms||Four-bedded rooms*||Six-bedded rooms*||Eight-bedded rooms*|
*Guests booking dorm beds will be assigned to either a four-bedded room, a six-bedded room or a eight-bedded room
Suitable for families Individual beds Group accommodations Multi-purpose room TV room Lockers Air-conditioned Self-catering kitchen & canteen Toilets for disabled Self-service laundry Wi-Fi, Snooker facility
Sea view, cycle tracks, hiking trails, speciality eateries/restaurants, water sports centre, beaches, mangroves, unique geography, historic architecture
1 How do I get to the hostel?
From the airport
Take airport bus E41 to Po Heung Bridge, Tai Po. Then take bus no. 75K or green minibus no. 20C to Tai Mei Tuk Bus Terminus. From the bus terminus, walk past the large public barbeque site and along the waterfront (looking south at the sea and the main dam of Plover Cove Reservoir) for 10 minutes to Bradbury Jockey Club Youth Hostel.
From Lo Wu/ Lok Ma Chau
Take the MTR from Lo Wu/Lok Ma Chau to Tai Po Market. Then take bus no. 75K or green minibus no. 20C to Tai Mei Tuk Bus Terminus. From the bus terminus, walk past the large public barbeque site and along the waterfront (looking south at the sea and the main dam of Plover Cove Reservoir) for 10 minutes to Bradbury Jockey Club Youth Hostel.
You can take a New Territories taxi (green taxi) directly from Po Heung Bridge, Tai Po to the youth hostel. The taxi fare is approximately HK$80 per journey.
2 Can I smoke on the hostel premises?
Smoking is strictly prohibited on the hostel premises to make sure hostellers always have fresh air to enjoy.
3 Does the hostel offer left luggage service?
The hostel offers lockers. Hostellers can bring a small lock to keep their personal belongings safe. Besides, luggage storage service is provided. (Price: HKD20 per piece; max. storage length: 14 days)
4 Does the hostel offer independent rooms?
The hostel offers twin rooms, 4-person rooms, 6-person rooms, 8-person rooms and dormitory beds. Hostellers should indicate their requests upon booking.
5 Does the hostel provide breakfast or catering service?
In order for hostellers to indulge in the pleasures of cooking and enjoy local food, the hostel does not provide catering service. There are restaurants near the hostel offering Chinese dishes, Southeast Asian food and even Poon Choi (feast in a basin). In addition, you can purchase food and equipment for barbeque near the hostel.
6 Does the hostel offer toilet facilities for the disabled?
The hostel offers toilet facilities for the disabled. Please get in touch with the hostel manager if you require assistance.
7 Are there any attractions near the hostel?
- There are many hiking trails near the hostel. Hikers can choose different trails depending on their physical strength, experience and preferences.
- The adjacent water sports centre offers different types of water sports courses. Interested hostellers can register for the courses in advance. Holders of water sports certificates recognised by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department can even hire equipment from the centre.
- You can take a walk along the main dam of Plover Cove reservoir, or cycle and fly a kite there.
- Visit the Bride’s Pool and Mirror Pool Waterfall.
- Visit Ma Shi Chau Special Area – one of the eight Geo-areas of Hong Kong Geopark – and admire the city’s oldest sedimentary rocks.
8 Can I request for early check-in or late check-out?
Yes. Guests can request for early check-in or late check-out by paying an extra fee equivalent to half the bed/room rate.